Hong Kong University, Faculty of Architecture，Department of Real Estate and Construction
Master Degree in Integrated Project Delivery
Why MSc (IPD) at HKU?
Now available for enrollment at HKU Shanghai Study Centre
HKU MSc (IPD) provides a project management education to meet the needs of those working on collaborative, integrated project delivery enabled by virtual design and construction (VDC). Your learning is enabled by the latest BIM and gaming technologies available in our 5D BIM Labs in Hong Kong and Shanghai. The programme is designed to provide construction and real estate project managers and professionals an advanced education in key aspects of the construction and real estate industries.
Students will learn and develop skills in:
· Strategic technology management, developing skills in the management of BIM, VDC and IPD through teaching and learning in class and through semester long projects
· Change management in organizations and projects
· Team building, collaborative design and construction project management
· Understanding and managing interdisciplinary and cross-cultural differences in teams
The programme is delivered by local professors, industry partners and internationally renowned visiting scholars and practitioners. It is professionally accredited by CIOB and RICS.
Want to study at HKU? Want to find out find out more?
Come along to a briefing session by HKU Professors at the HKU Shanghai Study Centre on March 9th 2019 at 13:00
Roadmap for MSc IPD Programme
The eight taught courses are:
– Technologies and innovation
– Project Execution Planning
– Information Management
– Information Technology and Change in Design and Construction
– Procurement in Integrated Project Delivery
– Innovation and Processes
– Management Theory and Collaborative Project Management
– Virtual Facilities Management
5DBIM Lab tutorials and practitioner-led case studies will underpin the teaching and learning by exposing you to the latest technologies in the VDC processes. This will allow you to develop proficiencies, at your own pace, in the technologies most critical to your future career. It will also allow you to cast a critical eye over your current work practices and use of technologies. Taught courses are delivered intensively over three consecutive days.
Mode of Study
Part-time, 2 years
1. comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
2. hold a Bachelor’s degree with Honours in a relevant field of this University or from a comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
3. produce proof of relevant work experience;
4. be fluent in both spoken and written English; and
5. satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
Registration for Information Session
For further information of the program:
Online RSVP for promotion talk:
Programme Director, Chair Professor Steve Rowlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2019 University of Hong Kong, Shanghai Study Centre, All rights reserved.